Business Continuity System has been developed to minimise the operational risk to which KDPW is exposed
Deterioration in the standard and reliability of services caused by force majeure events (accidents or intentional conduct, natural disasters, etc.) may result in disruptions in the operation of the market and discontinuity in the provision of certain services to market participants, which may lead to loss of both domestic and foreign investor confidence.
With a view to minimising the operational risk to which KDPW is exposed, a Business Continuity System (BCS) has been developed, which consists of technical and organisational measures enabling the maintenance of the continuity of, or promptly restore, critical business processes following a serious breakdown or disaster, and to minimise the impact of the failure on the operations of KDPW and other capital market institutions.
Business Continuity System for the KDPW Group
Information on the KDPW Group Business Continuity System test on 24 October 2015
The planned Business Continuity System test organised by the KDPW Group (KDPW S.A. and KDPW_CCP S.A.) in co-operation with the Warsaw Stock Exchange and BondSpot S.A. and with the participation of KDPW_CCP and KDPW Participants took place on 24 October 2015. The goal of the test from the perspective of the KDPW Group was to verify the business continuity capability of KDPW S.A. and KDPW_CCP S.A. in a crisis by recovering interrupted operations at the Back-up Site and restoring communications with the Participants and other co-operating institutions.
The testing timetable covered the full scope of operations performed during the business day by KDPW S.A. and KDPW_CCP S.A. based on the following framework assumptions, as well as a number of additional activities. The following assumptions framework were adopted:
- starting operations at the Primary Site, based on KDPW S.A. and KDPW_CCP S.A. production systems;
- simulating a crisis causing complete inaccessibility of the Primary Site and all its IT and telecommunication systems;
- relocating the operations of KDPW S.A. and KDPW_CCP S.A. to the Back-up Site;
- starting the operations at the Back-up Site and continuation the operations according to the time limits and scope defined in Business Continuity System Policy for the KDPW Group and the testing timetable;
- restoring the Primary Site IT and telecommunication systems to production functionality.
The test completed all activities defined in the pre-defined testing timetable. In particular, after the crisis was simulated and the KDPW S.A. and KDPW_CCP S.A. employees relocated to the Back-up Site, communications with the Participants over the Back-up Location lines were restored within no longer than 2 hours from the simulated failure start time and operations were continued in the back-up systems.
Additionally, due to the simulated failure performed independent by the Warsaw Stock Exchange, in a result of which quotations had been interrupted, and then were continued, KDPW_CCP S.A. has successfully completed the reconciliation procedure of the list of transactions.
The test verified the assumptions of the Business Continuity System and all technical and organisational measures defined therein, which corroborated the capability of KDPW S.A. and KDPW_CCP S.A. to operate in a crisis. The vast majority of Participants (see the list below) tested capable of connecting with the KDPW S.A. and KDPW_CCP S.A. Primary Site and Back-up Site and effectively transmitting instructions to kdpw_stream.
List of Participants who tested capable of connecting with kdpw_stream at the KDPW Group Primary and Back-up Site on 24 October 2015:
- BANK BGŻ BNP PARIBAS Biuro Maklerskie S.A.
- BANK BGŻ BNP PARIBAS S.A.
- BANK BPH S.A.
- BANK GOSPODARSTWA KRAJOWEGO
- BANK HANDLOWY W WARSZAWIE S.A.
- ANK MILLENNIUM S.A.
- BANK POCZTOWY S.A.
- BANK POLSKA KASA OPIEKI S.A.
- BANK POLSKIEJ SPÓŁDZIELCZOŚCI S.A.
- BANK ZACHODNI WBK S.A.
- BANKOWY FUNDUSZ GWARANCYJNY
- BIURO MAKLERSKIE ALIOR BANK S.A.
- BIURO MAKLERSKIE BANK BPH S.A.
- BNP PARIBAS SECURITIES SERVICES SKA ODDZIAŁ W POLSCE
- BPI BANK POLSKICH INWESTYCJI S.A.
- CENTRALNY DOM MAKLERSKI PEKAO S.A.
- COPERNICUS SECURITIES S.A.
- CREDIT AGRICOLE BANK POLSKA S.A.
- DB SECURITIES S.A.
- DEUTSCHE BANK POLSKA S.A.
- DNB BANK POLSKA S.A.
- DOM INWESTYCYJNY XELION SP. Z O.O.
- DOM MAKLERSKI BANK POLSKA KASA OPIEKI S.A.
- DOM MAKLERSKI BANK ZACHODNI WBK S.A.
- DOM MAKLERSKI BANKU BPS S.A.
- DOM MAKLERSKI BANKU HANDLOWEGO S.A.
- DOM MAKLERSKI BANKU OCHRONY ŚRODOWISKA S.A.
- DOM MAKLERSKI BDM S.A.
- DOM MAKLERSKI MBANKU S.A.
- DOM MAKLERSKI PKO BP
- DOM MAKLERSKI RAIFFEISEN BANK POLSKA S.A.
- ERSTE SECURITIES POLSKA S.A.
- EURO BANK S.A.
- FM BANK PBP S.A.
- GETIN NOBLE BANK S.A.
- HAITONG BANK S.A.
- HSBC BANK POLSKA S.A.
- ING BANK ŚLĄSKI S.A.
- ING SECURITIES S.A.
- IPOPEMA SECURITIES S.A.
- MBANK HIPOTECZNY S.A.
- MBANK S.A.
- MILLENNIUM DOM MAKLERSKI S.A.
- NOBLE SECURITIES S.A.
- OPERA DOM MAKLERSKI SP. Z O.O.
- PEKAO INVESTMENT BANKING S.A.
- POWSZECHNA KASA OSZCZĘDNOŚCI BANK POLSKI S.A.
- RAIFFEISEN BANK POLSKA S.A.
- RBS BANK (POLSKA) S.A.
- SANTANDER CONSUMER BANK S.A.
- SGB-BANK S.A.
- SKARB PAŃSTWA-MINISTER FINANSÓW
- SOCIETE GENERALE S.A. ODDZIAŁ W POLSCE
- TOYOTA BANK POLSKA S.A.
- TRIGON DOM MAKLERSKI S.A.
- VESTOR DOM MAKLERSKI S.A.