KDPW OFFERS THE SFTR TRADE REPOSITORY SERVICE AS OF 13 JULY 2020.
In view of new reporting obligations under Regulation (EU) 2015/2365
of the European Parliament and of the Council of 25 November 2015 on transparency of securities financing transactions and of reuse (Securities Financing Transaction Regulation, SFTR), which imposes the obligation of reporting details of securities financing transactions (SFT) to authorised trade repositories on all market participants, including financial and non-financial counterparties, KDPW has developed a service through which market participants can meet the reporting obligation.
WHO IS REQUIRED TO REPORT SFT DETAILS TO AUTHORISED TRADE REPOSITORIES?
The obligation of reporting SFT to authorised trade repositories applies to all business entities in the European Union, including both financial and non-financial entities (irrespective of the business sector).
The reporting obligation is effective as of 13 July 2020 for:
- investment firms,
- credit institutions,
- CSDs and CCPs.
The reporting obligation is effective as of 12 October 2020 for:
- insurance/reinsurance establishments,
- pension funds,
- UCITS (undertakings in the collective investment in transferable securities),
- AIF (alternative investment funds).
The reporting obligation is effective as of 11 January 2021 for:
KDPW TRADE REPOSITORY
The complementary services offered by KDPW provide participants of the trade repository (both under SFTR and EMIR) with a range of key benefits including:
- non-financial institutions.
- existing communication interfaces of the trade repository;
- the option of meeting both reporting obligations in a single trade repository (enabling cost and workload reductions thanks to a single communication channel);
- the expertise and experience of KDPW Trade Repository staff;
- professional support in the harmonisation of reporting with the SFTR standards;
- off-the-shelf technology solutions;
- support for SFTs settled in KDPW.
ESMA has extended the registration of the KDPW Trade Repository to include the reporting of transactions under the SFTR, effective as of 7 May 2020.
Validation rules and XML schemas for SFTR reporting
The system of KDPW SFTR Repository is based on ISO 20022 messages designed by ESMA:
ESMA XML schemas for SFTR reporting:
and on KDPW's own communications:
KDPW xml schemas for SFTR reporting
Contact with KDPW:
T: +48 22 537 95 72, +48 22 537 95 26