KDPW will continue its work on the standardisation of corporate actions processing, the implementation of messaging based on ISO 20022 standards. The changes, which are planned to be introduced in 2019 as part of the autumn IT implementation window, will include the following processes:
- partial, mandatory redemption of debt securities (bonds, mortgage bonds) at the request of the issuer – event code: PCAL,
- partial redemption of the nominal value (bonds, mortgage bonds) at the request of the issuer – event code: PCAL,
- partial, voluntary redemption of debt securities (bonds, mortgage bonds) at the request of the issuer – event code: BIDS,
- voluntary redemption of investment certificates at the request of entitled investors – event code: BIDS,
- cancellation of investment certificates following the liquidation of an investment fund – event code: LIQU,
- payment of dividend with option of distribution, performed as part of two events – event code: DVOP and RHDI.
Considering the many different ways that securities distributions are processed, as a result of different taxation rules and the various methods used to calculate corporate income tax, depending on the securities type and its issue date, the processing of distributions has been presented separately within the materials that describe the rules for messaging in connection with debt securities, underlining the specificity of messaging as part of the processing of:
- bonds and mortgage bonds of domestic issuers other than the State Treasury, issued up until 31 December 2014,
- bonds and mortgage bonds of domestic issuers, issued from 1 January 2015, and State Treasury bonds.
For the event relating to the payment of dividends with option of distribution (RHDI and DVOP) currently used for the payments of distributions of foreign companies, the principle has been established that the processing of the event will be limited to the phase involving informing of the payment as part of the DVOP event and the rights distribution related to the RHDI event.
Please send any questions related to the planned changes to the following email address: CA_projekt@kdpw.pl